Church is not a place; it's people.
We don't "go to church;" we take it there wherever we meet together. Church is when, not where, we worship and share our spiritual lives together. That means we worship in an assembly together and share community in homes, as is described in Acts 2:42-47 (CEB) - "The believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the community, to their shared meals, and to their prayers. A sense of awe came over everyone. God performed many wonders and signs ... All the believers were united and shared everything. They would sell pieces of property and possessions and distribute the proceeds to everyone who needed them. Every day, they met together in the temple and ate in their homes. They shared food with gladness and simplicity. They praised God and demonstrated God’s goodness to everyone. The Lord added daily to the community those who were being saved."
To be a member at UFMC, it is required for you:
1. To be a believer by faith in Jesus Christ;
2. To have been baptized or intend to be baptized at the earliest opportunity;
3. To desire to live and be united with the community of faith at UFMC;
4. To be ready to support UFMC with your time, talents, and treasure;
5. To complete the one-day Doorway Seminar membership course.
To be in leadership at UFMC, it is required for you:
1. To demonstrate a call to service by participating in a ministry at UFMC;
2. To have been in attendance at UFMC for at least six months;
3. In the case of shildren's and youth ministry, to pass a state and FBI background check (state law);
4. To enroll in Discipleship classes.